Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What is Luxury to You?


©Dwell LLC. Image illustrated by: Mario Hugo, Nikolay Saveliev

There's an interesting interview in the December '09/January '10 issue of Dwell magazine by Aaron Britt that has also been published on dwell.com. Augustin Scott de Martinville, who heads the master’s program in luxury and design at the University of Art and Design in Lausanne, Switzerland (who knew there was such a program?) was interviewed about the future of luxury and what the term means in our current economic climate.

Working in media, I've found that sellers have had to shift their focus. The consumer's definition of luxury has changed. I know for myself, what I used to splurge on, I now think twice about. Luxury for me is now something elusive – like time. With high-end brands like Jimmy Choo doing lines for H&M, it's obvious that the paradigm has shifted.

What do you think?

Check out the interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails